July Updates and News
- The invoices are going out a bit early this month as I am doing a bit of advance billing. The end of June/first few days of July will be pretty busy time as we try to get things lined up for at least one extra day off for the Holiday. I'm trying to get things billed a bit in advance so they get out in a timely manner. Otherwise the invoices may not get out until after July 5th and that's a bit late.
- One of the best kept secrets about TJ's Lawn Care is that we do offer minor landscape services like (small) bush trimming, garden bed maintenance, and in particular mulching. The lawn mowing and maintenance service is our primary offering, but we do do a bit of landscaping, mostly for our regular customers. This year we have done a lot more of this kind of work, and we are always open for more. Since I don't advertise these services, many of our customers don't know we offer them. If you are in need of these minor landscaping services, give me a call or drop me an email. During the summer months when things are slow we can get to these easily. Once we get into fall and things get busy, our availability for these services lessens.
Our mulching service includes delivery and installation of the mulch of your choice. Pricing depends on the type and color of the mulch you desire, but usually ranges in the $65 per yard area. That includes delivery and installation in the garden beds. I don't mean to brag, but we do a great job on cleaning up the beds and installing the new mulch if I do say so myself. Give me a call or drop me an email for further info.
- The weather for the last month has been very hot and dry, and those conditions look to continue for the rest of the summer. As always, my number one piece of advice I give out every year is to water your lawn during these times. All the (expensive) fertilizer and weed control in the world wonít matter if you turn your lawn into a dessert during July and August. Your lawn can survive the hot, dry periods, but only if you keep it watered. Most damage comes from the sun during the summer, and keeping the water flowing to the grass will help alleviate some of that damage. You donít have to swamp your yard, a good 30 min soak 2 or 3 times a week will do wonders for the lawn. Otherwise you are in for a lot of repairs and reseeding in the fall, costly repairs that may run from the $100s to $1000s.
- Leaf season will be coming as we march toward fall. Neither Ann Arbor nor Ypsi/Ypsi Township will be offering bulk removal this year. TJís has a curbside leaf vacuum service that picks up where those cities left off. Itís much easier than bagging or stuffing plastic bins, and faster too. We can do the cleanup and removal for you, or just stop by to vacuum up your leaves if you want to do the raking. It's early to start thinking about fall services, but we book up fast in the fall. Don't wait for the leaves to drop off the trees to call. Contact me for more info about the service. There are prepayment discounts available for the service.
- I know winter seems far away, but itís not too soon to think snow clearing. We do residential snow clearing with snow blowers and shovels. Driveways, sidewalks, porches, are all included in the service. We offer a more complete snow clearing service than most companies for our residential customers, and Iíve had a lot of great feedback over the years. BUT, I like to have my routes set early and tend to book up by October; once my schedule is full I will not be able take on any more customers. Please contact me now if you are interested in snow clearing this winter.
- As a reminder, payment is due by the 15th of the month, and late charges are assessed on the 20th. Please have payments in by the 20th to avoid these fees. I work on a very tight cash flow, and late payments really put a crunch on my ability to pay my bills, payroll, etc. Payments not received by the 1st of the month will cause service interruption. Customers that are routinely behind or late may have their services cancelled.
- I do not intend to work on July 4th. That may change if the weather throws us a curve ball, so if you know for sure you are having a party or get together let me know so we can avoid that for sure. Have a great 4th of July holiday, and thank you!
Back to Updates Page