June Updates and News
- We have been lucky this year, and have gotten a lot of rain (which has caused a lot of delays). However, we are moving into the hot weather of summer, and more sunny days. The hot temps and the sun work fast to dry out a lawn. Those sunny, hot dry periods can really do a number on your grass. As always, my number one piece of advice I give out every year is to water your lawn during that weather. All the (expensive) fertilizer and weed control in the world wonít matter if you turn your lawn into a dessert during June, July, and August. Your lawn can survive the hot, dry periods, but only if you keep it watered. Most damage comes from the sun during the summer, and keeping the water flowing to the grass will help alleviate some of that damage. You donít have to swamp your yard, a good 30 min soak 2 or 3 times a week will do wonders for the lawn. Otherwise you are in for a lot of repairs and reseeding in the fall, costly repairs that may run from the $100s to $1000s.
- Leaf season will be coming as we march toward fall. Neither Ann Arbor nor Ypsi/Ypsi Township will be offering bulk removal this year, again. TJís has a curbside leaf vacuum service that picks up where those cities left off. Itís much easier than bagging or stuffing plastic bins, and faster too. We can do the cleanup and removal for you, or just stop by to vacuum up your leaves if you want to do the raking. It's early to start thinking about fall services, but we book up fast in the fall. Last year the season ended early due to the early snow fall in December, and a lot of folks who called late in the season for service were left out. Don't wait for the leaves to drop off the trees to call. Contact me for more info about the service. There are prepayment discounts available for the service.
- I know winter seems far away, but itís not too soon to think snow clearing. We do residential snow clearing with snow blowers and shovels. Driveways, sidewalks, porches, are all included in the service. We offer a more complete snow clearing service than most companies for our residential customers, and Iíve had a lot of great feedback over the years. BUT, I like to have my routes set early and tend to book up by October; once my schedule is full I will not be able take on any more customers. Please contact me now if you are interested in snow clearing this winter.
- As a reminder, payment is due by the 15th of the month, and late charges are assessed on the 20th. Please have payments in by the 20th to avoid these fees. I work on a very tight cash flow, and late payments really put a crunch on my ability to pay my bills, payroll, etc. Payments not received by the 1st of the month will cause service interruption. Customers that are routinely behind or late may have their services cancelled.
- I do not intend to work on July 4. Hopefully the weather cooperates with those intentions. If we are behind due to rain or weather we may end up working. If you know you're going to have something special in the yard that day, let me know ahead of time so we can avoid that.
- Thank you!
Back to Updates Page