June Updates and News
- This past month of May was nowhere near as trying or difficult as last year (2018), thankfully. But we did have an awful lot of rain, particularly the 2nd half of the month. The lawns have not been growing too fast or too long, thankfully. But the rain has interrupted and thrown off our schedule. I'm hoping that we can get back on a more regular schedule as the rains clear up in the next few weeks. I apologize for the delays the last few weeks, and thank you for your patience.
- Leaf season will be coming as we march toward fall. Neither Ann Arbor nor Ypsi/Ypsi Township will be offering bulk removal this year, again. TJs has a curbside leaf vacuum service that picks up where those cities left off. It is much easier than bagging or stuffing plastic bins, and faster too. We can do the cleanup and removal for you, or just stop by to vacuum up your leaves if you want to do the raking. It's early to start thinking about fall services, but we book up fast in the fall and I plan on cutting back on the amount of work we will be doing again this fall. Don't wait for the leaves to drop off the trees to call. Contact me for more info about the service. There are prepayment discounts available for the service.
- I know winter seems far away, but it is not too soon to think snow clearing. We do residential snow clearing with snow blowers and shovels. Driveways, sidewalks, porches, are all included in the service. We offer a more complete snow clearing service than most companies for our residential customers, and I have had a lot of great feedback over the years. BUT, I like to have my routes set early and tend to book up by October; once my schedule is full I will not be able take on any more customers. Please contact me now if you are interested in snow clearing this winter.
- TJs can email your invoices, and eliminate all the wasted paper and envelopes. The invoice comes as an attachment in a pdf file to your email. You can then pay securely online with a credit card, or ach payment, or mail a check through the regular mail. It saves a lot of time and effort and paper. If you have an email address, and would like to save the paper waste drop me a line at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will get you on the email list.
- As a reminder, payment is due by the 15th of the month, and late charges are assessed on the 20th. Please have payments in by the 20th to avoid these fees. I work on a very tight cash flow, and late payments really put a crunch on my ability to pay my bills, payroll, etc. Payments not received by the 1st of the month will cause service interruption. Customers that are routinely behind or late may have their services cancelled.
- I do not intend to work on July 4. Hopefully the weather cooperates with those intentions. If we are behind due to rain or weather we may end up working. If you know you're going to have something special in the yard that day, let me know ahead of time so we can avoid that.
- Thank you!
Back to Updates Page